Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Tally So Far:

So since my announcement that I think I'm ready to leave the Bay Area, I've gotten a fair amount of feedback from (admittedly self-interested) friends and co-workers. The results so far are as follows:

Boise--1 Loud Vote
Boston--Nothing
Seattle: 2 Votes
Portland: 3 Votes
Austin: 1 Vote
Chicago: 1 Vote
Denver: No votes (come on people, Denver is great, even if I'm not ready to live there yet.)
Buenos Aires: Nada

There was also a suggestion that I should consider other places in the South. That's not going to happen, I can tell you right now. Dry heat's bad enough, but humidity makes me feel like I'm suffocating. I can't even handle 5 minutes of the wet steam room at the gym.

What I really need is a panel of people to show me pictures and defend what's great about these cities. But since that's not going to happen, I might be stuck road-tripping to find out for myself, or just pinning up a map and throwing darts at it to determine my next location.

4 comments:

M!r&a said...

Baby, if it's pictures you want, it's pictures you've got. I think that Carrie, Matty, and I could come up with a great photo tour of Boise without you even needing to visit before moving. You've been warned!

Anonymous said...

Here is another loud vote:

HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How 'bout it? Besides moi, an obvious reason is that boys here are tall!

Anonymous said...

Another vote for Seattle right here. It's amazing. I would move there if I could.

rjs said...

I've always thought Vancouver could be cool, eh? Although I whole heartily support the Claire in Europe contingent...