Thursday, February 01, 2007

I always knew clowns were scary. . .

I'm taking the GRE on Saturday, and I've been very methodically working my way through one of those GRE prep books so that I don't mess it up completely. Near the end of the book, they have a list of the 300 words that most often end up on the GRE, along with definitions and a sentence using the word, so you have the context. Here is my personal favorite:

ENGENDER: To Produce, cause, or bring about

His fear and hatred of clowns was ENGENDERED when he witnessed the death of his father at the hands of a clown.


WHAT? What the hell kind of circus has this GRE sentence-writer been going to?

1 comments:

M!r&a said...

Ha! The GRE is really just a load of bull. However, with words like those and your intelligence, I'm sure you can come up with sentences just as "quirky" as you are....that's a joke :)