Monday, December 04, 2006

Argentina: Favorite Things Part 3

I definitely need to blog about my weekend (which was truly bizarre), but first, one more post about Argentina. The one thing my friend Sejal was insistent that we do before we could leave the country was take tango lessons. We were we all pretty excited about doing that when we were still in the States and it was just a funny idea; however, everyone's enthusiasm (except Sejal's) had severely waned by the time we actually got around to taking the lessons.

Nevertheless, Sejal dragged us all to the Academy of Tango where Rosalinda the Tango Teacher tried to teach us the basics. We all did pretty well, and I think we were even feeling like pretty hot shit until we looked up and saw the students in the advanced class, spinning and dipping and wrapping their legs around each other like they were playing a serious game of Twister.

Me and Rosalinda the Tango Teacher

I don't know that I'll ever get to that level (although I'm thinking about keeping up the lessons here in the Bay Area), but I felt pretty good that I managed to let the guy lead, didn't step on anyone's toes and never once was at risk of tripping and falling on my face. I think that's about as good as it gets.

See? I'm not stepping on his feet!

And it helps that we all looked hot, too. A little overdressed (OK--a lot) compared to our tango classmates, but I like to think it helped my dancing skills.

This is Jeff, the middle-aged close talker from Mill Valley.

4 Hot Women and a Tango Teacher

4 comments:

M!r&a said...

I KNEW that dress would come in handy!!

Anonymous said...

You look gawgeous dancing in your fancy dress. I love how you try to lean backwards from close talker in that pic! I owe you a phone call dear, and it's coming. Things have been hectic here and I'll tell you all about it. MUAH!

Claire said...

SOphie, I love how everytime you leave a message your name changes to something else showing Dutch Pride. I'm just waiting for "I love herring and cheese" to comment on my blog! Oh and send me your address, b/c I have a very belated Christmas present for you (as in, I should have sent it last year)!

Anonymous said...

Nah ah girlfriend: I also have left names that show Claire Pride eg. Soph Dawg the Leg Humper. I don't hump the NL's leg; only yours!