Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bits 'n Pieces

1) Saw the following written in chalk in the stairwell leading to the 19th Street BART station on Friday: "Even our brotha Jesus got killed by the Po-pos." God I love Oakland.

2) If I ever have a band (unlikely, since I don't sing and can't play any instrument other than the piano and even then I only play classical music. And only for my mother) I've come up with the best band name ever. "Amy's Lamey Friends." That's gonna be my band's name. Actually, it's the underground secret name. It'll have some other name that most people know it by, but the really cool kids will know what it's really called. For everyone reading this who just went "what the hell is she talking about?" I apologize. It's an inside joke, and I hope to hell that the three people who get it will think it's really hillarious.

3) Went to the brewery on Friday afternoon. One friend accidentally peed on himself, one friend lost half of her beer because it was so windy (it literally blew out of the glass!), and I had a near run-in with George, which would have been awkward, and not in the fun way.

4) Tractor Pulls and Apricot Fiestas? Must be hanging out in the valley.

1 comments:

M!r&a said...

1. I hella "heart" Oakland, too.
2. Amy's Lamey Friends = best band name EVER!
3. "The Brewery" wouldn't complete without George stories. Can we keep them coming until August, please?
4. One word. RODEO! Tractor pulls and Apricot Fiestas are nothing compared to the RODEO!!!