Friday, September 22, 2006

Axtlan Taqueria: where everybody knows your name. . . .

Or in this case, your meat preference.

So I don't eat out that often, certainly much less than most of my co-workers. And I would say of the times that I do go out to eat, I go to the taqueria down the street--Axtlan Taqueria--maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks.

Apparently, however, in the year that I've been working at EBASE, I've gone there enough that I've become a familiar face, and a familiar order.

This became clear yesterday when I walked in and began contemplating my order.

I said, "Hi, I'd like the--"

"Axtlan plate with Carnitas, right?" the guy behind the counter finished for me. He had already begun chopping up the meat as he spoke.

I have to admit: I was a little taken aback. That was, in fact, what I was going to order. I had briefly flirted with ordering something else. Maybe chili verde in a burrito. But their carnitas is just so good, and the Axtlan plate is perfect when you're hungry.

I can't decide if I'm horrified at my own predictability, or happy to have become enough of a rgeular that they know what I want. It's probably a little bit of both.

4 comments:

M!r&a said...

I prefer to think that it's because you are so damn hot that they remember everything about you, not just your fabulous taste in food, but your eyes, your hair, your stunning personality. (does it sound like I'm hitting on you? shit.) When you leave, they pine for you await your return. Yeah, that's it.

Claire said...

That must be it! I can't believe I didn't think of that myself. This comment is why you're T.O., Beyotch!

M!r&a said...

That's right B.itch!

brooke said...

I love Axtlan! But they don't know me by name yet. Or maybe I'm just not as damn hot, heehe. But I'm getting to that point now at both Siam Bay and Thai Corner.