Friday, September 01, 2006

FABULOUS!

I just had a drunk coversation with my Dutch friend, Sophie. By which I mean that she was drunk and I was . . . .tired? Sad? Confused and overwhelmed and frustrated? Yes to all of those, but more on that later. Mostly I was just entertained, because it is not often that I get to talk to Sophie when she is drunk (or really at all, given the time difference).

Sophie pointed out that she doesn't feel she has gotten equal representation on my blog. This is mostly because she doesn't have a blog I can link to, and because she's not here to do crazy stuff with (but I know there would be no end to the crazy stuff if she were here), but it's a fair point, nonetheless.

So I decided that I would dedicate the blog entry to talking about why Sophie is fabulous. Here are 5 reasons that Sophie is fabulous and fantastic and many other good things, too:

5) Give her a bottle of windex and she can kill ants with the best of them.
4) She's better at rallying the troops for big, social fun than anyone else I know
3) She's a fantastic wingwoman. But she really should tone down the match-making. :-)
2) She has this great "leg-humping" dance she does when she's excited and trying to embarass me that I find very endearing (and yes, embarassing, too).
1) Her relentless insistence that I move to Holland, get a job as a union organizer, marry a tall Dutch man (because she tells me they're all tall) and eat a lot of bread and cheese. Because even though it's not going to happen, I appreciate that she continues to push for it.

Oh, and one last reason Sophie is fabulous: her opinions on gender roles in professional soccer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I add one more reason that Sophie is fabulous? Because she's a wonderful, fun, loyal friend. maybe that's more than one reason, but oh well. love the blog entry! hugs...

Anonymous said...

So, I know that mountains get more points than sea, but we do have LOTS of sea! Perhaps that counts for a small mountain? I will additionally have you know that besides bread and cheese we are also known to eat raw herring. Yum! I still do think you should move here, or at least to this continent. (Maria Robalino, Debbie Schneider from SEIU and Ginny Coughlin from UNITE HERE!!) Becky, can I get a HELL YEAH!!

rjs said...

HELL YEAH!!! And I would love to hear about gender roles in soccer one day...