Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yummy


In keeping with the grand old tradition that says that Labor people never actually get Labor Day off, most of my coworkers and I worked yesterday. Part of the day's work involved manning a table at the Central Labor Council's annual Labor Day barbecue. The cooking at the Labor Day barbecue is always done by the Local Firefighter's union, and I have to say: the collective hotness of the firemen was definitely the highlight of my day. This should not come as a surprise to anyone who knew me in college.

Here is a picture of some of the firemen (although it totally does not do their hotness justice). And as a funny side note: the reason the firemen were posing like this is because they were having their picture taken with Phil Angelides, Democratic candidate for governor. Brooke--who took this picture and clearly has her priorities straight--cropped Phil out of the picture so we could just focus on the firemen. Thank you Brooke!

2 comments:

M!r&a said...

I hella heart firemen! I've also found that Oakland's firecrew is better looking than the others I've had the pleasure of running into (they like Peet's).

Anonymous said...

Yes, Brooke has a good head on her shoulders. Good enough to know when to crop someone else's head off and replace it with a better candidate.

BTW, hot firemen like to hang out on Jackson street too. It's one of our special neighborhood perks.