Monday, October 23, 2006

The Mobile Alibi

I've had a long-standing joke with some of my friends about the importance of having someone ready to do the fake-out "emergency" call for those times when you find yourself on the date from hell and need a way out.

It just never occurred to me that someone had already figured out how to make a buck off it. But apparently, the folks at www.mobilealibi.com have done just that. With their services, you can schedule calls--complete with fake names to show up in your caller ID and a fake voice at the other end--that can help you get out of any and all awkward or boring situations.

God bless that capitalist spirit of innovation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - I don't know what to do first: call myself [again], send this to yet another friend, or buy some more credits. thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous said...

That is great stuff. Whatever happened to, "Look, I talk straight, this just isn't working. Let's save each other the two hours of awkwardness that we have still to go and retire to our respective comfort zones. Deal?"

Anonymous said...

I used the mobilealibi.com service to get out of a useless meeting with colleagues because my "boss" was calling -- worked like a charm as everybody could see my boss was actually calling me!