Friday, November 03, 2006

A Lazy Blogger

First off, I'm sorry for the lapse in blogging. It's actually NOT that I haven't had anything worth blogging about--every time I hang out with Josh something shady and ridiculous happens (thus one of the appeals of the friendship). I've just been lazy. And crazy busy. And stressed.

You know for someone who is very technically unemployed, I think I've actually had more going on in the last two weeks than I did for much of the time I was working at EBASE. I'm planning the victory party for the Claremont Hotel workers for my old union. I'm planning all the logistics of our upcoming trip to Argentina. And I'm crafting work-of-art cover letters for jobs that will make these employers beg me to come work for them. At least that's the plan.

The irony of all this busy-ness is that I don't like doing any of it. I don't like writing cover letters. And anyone who knows me well knows I HATE planning. I'm a go with the flow, spur of the moment kind of girl. I don't do logistics. It stresses me out. Even easy planning like trying to figure out what to take my parents to do when they come visit stresses me out. And yet, I'm now juggling airfare and lodging for four, talking to caterers about how many cocktail tables I think we'll need for 400 people (like I have any idea), and trying to figure out what's the cheapest way to get to hang out with some Argentinian cowboys.

Anyway, enough of the blah blah blah complaining. I'm going to ARGENTINA in less than a week, I get to plan a party for workers I love on a campaign that I played a major role in winning, I've finally figured out what I want to do with my life (or at least the next few years) and I'm actually finding jobs that fill the bill. That's not too bad at all. Now if the winter rain could just hold off a little longer, I'd be a really happy girl. . . .

0 comments: