Thursday, April 19, 2007

In threes

My friend Jess reminded me today that things--both good and bad--tend to happen in threes. This has me a little on edge. Why, you ask?

Last night, as my friend Emily and I were driving to our weekly America's Next Top Model party, she ran out of gas right as we crested this hill. I got out of the car and pushed and she steered us into a not-so-crowded intersection where we "parked" the car while she went to go find a gas station.

Then, this afternoon at work, I accidentally got myself locked in a bathroom stall. The lock fell apart when I went to open the door, leaving me stuck in the stall. After a few minutes of frantically trying to put it back together, I started pondering whether I would rather try to climb over the top of the stall door or crawl under the bottom. (I had forgotten that I had a third option--to karate kick that door open!). Thankfully, before I was reduced to actually crawling on a nasty bathroom floor, someone came into the bathroom and helped me unlock the door.

But yeah, what with the gas and the bathroom door, I'm now a little nervous about what accident #3 will be. I've been keeping my eyes open for drains with the manhole covers missing and I'm being extra-especially careful on stairs, but you never know when bad luck is gonna getcha!

0 comments: