Sunday, April 29, 2007

Who needs a drink? I do. Yes, I definitely do.

After a week of worrying about falling down an open drain, my third bad thing finally happened. While driving to the REI this afternoon, I got into a car accident when a woman ran a red light and I smashed into the side of her car. The impact of the collision literally tore the whole front end off my car, and took a good chunk off the back end of hers (including her tire). I think we're both really lucky that the accident wasn't any worse, and that neither of us was injured.

The other (very small) bright side of this wretched day is that the first responder to the accident was a ridiculously hot fireman from the station around the corner. Have we discussed that I have a thing for firemen? I think if I hadn't been in complete shock, I definitely would have tried to flirt with him. My friend Abby thinks I should drop by the fire station with some baked goods and say thank you. I think this would be a good idea if 1) I owned the ingredients to make baked goods, 2) I was actually capable of making baked goods, and 3) I weren't sure that I would feel like a complete jackass doing something like that.

Oh well. Like I said, at least he was a small bright side to what has otherwise been a kind of traumatic afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're okay! It sounds like you escaped the worst of what could have happened. I have no advice on the fireman bit :) Good luck making your decision!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you're okay! So scary. As an aside: I'm a baker, and think that playing wing-woman to your fire station visit is right up my alley. I'm in if you're up for it! (Seriously!)

Miranda said...

Yuck, car accidents suck....but cute firemen DO make it better.