Thursday, April 19, 2007

Paradox

This website job is wacky, and just keeps getting wackier. Yesterday, I responded to a 13 year old user and explained that she had been flagged for telling someone to go "suck some d--k" and for calling another user a "f---ing c--t,". Then when I went to look at her profile page, I found a profile covered with cuddly pictures of puppies, kittens and other baby animals, and a self-professed love for the Disney Channel staples "Hannah Montana" and "High School Musical." How is it that someone who is--according to her tastes in movies and her interests--still a little girl be the same person who's talking about sex and calling other people words that I won't even print? Crazy. I'm thanking the heavens for not making me a teenager today--I think it must be really hard.

0 comments: