Monday, February 06, 2006

I Hate George Bush

In case there was any confusion on the part of people who have been reading my blog, let me just say it one more time: I HATE George Bush.

I hate him for creating a budget that creates the LARGEST deficit in our history, that cuts spending to education, medicare and other social services while increasing military spending and hanging on to his stupid tax cut. (Because of course it's totally worth selling out underpaid teachers, struggling public school kids and my aging grandparents for an extra $20 a month in my paycheck. I'll have to make sure to go out to dinner to celebrate. Plus, then I'll be doing my patriotic part to support the economy.)

It's like George Bush and his administration are trying to give one really big "fuck you" to everyone in the middle and lower classes and anyone who has bought into the idea of the importance/necessity of a social safety net.

I mean, come on! It's EDUCATION. It's the freaking future of our country. Although, if recent trends are any indication, it'll probably just be rich people who run the country anyway, and they probably all went to private school, so that works out OK. And really, if you're going to cut spending on education, what better place to put funds than into the military? Because, after all, if kids aren't going to be able to count on a good education to help them get a job, then at least they know they can always enlist. And, you know, hopefully not die.

Admittedly, it's not like he's the only president who does crappy stuff like this. Has there ever been a time when a president said "Hey! I think we should reduce our military and defense spending so we can focus on better education and health services for everyone?" Is it just that the Bush Administration has been such a long and horrifyingly anti-populist nightmare that I can't even fathom that other presidents actually cared about people, or are they all--to varying degrees--about this bad?

0 comments: